The problem is moot. The StackPanel doesn't work like that. You need to use a DockPanel to make inner children of the Panel stretch vertically and make the Panel fill all available space. The elements inside should have DockPanel.Dock="Top" to fill only the space they require , then no Dock for the element(s) you want to stretch, then DockPanel.Dock="Bottom" for the rest of the elements. That's how you get that "Outlook feel", too.
I am a .NET programmer living and working in Bucharest, Romania. Posts are divided into programming and misc. Check out the icons above on how to contact or chat with me.
Unless otherwise specified, all code or any type of work you find on this blog is under MIT license. While I welcome attribution, I don't require it. Just use anything in any way you see fit. Consider it completely and utterly shared for the lulz.
I realize that the original format of the post was confusing, so, before you start reading it, here is a summary of solutions. You should re...
Update February 2016 : This post discusses a problem in .Net 2.0 that is more than 8 years old. Perhaps you should look elsewhere. That bein...
Update 12 Feb 2016: As an alternative, if you have access to your hosts file , you can use a generated list of domains to immediately blo...
Update November 2014: Sift4 is here!! Check out the new improved version of Sift here: Super Fast and Accurate string distance algorithm: S...
In C# 2.0 and above there is this new feature of the ' ?? ' double question-mark operator that operates like the SQL isnull functio...
As I was blogging before , RedGate are assholes. They bought Reflector , promised to keep it free, then asked money for it. But every crisis...
We all know that the best way to prevent SQL injection is to use parameters, either in stored procedures or in parameterized queries. Yet ...
Almost a month ago I got started being active on StackOverflow , a web site dedicated to answering computer related questions. It quickly g...
I had to do a very simple Microsoft SQL query in which I wanted to update some of the values in a row from a row in the same table. Actually...
I wanted to take an arbitrary XML format and turn it into C# classes. I even considered for a while to write my own IXmlSerializable impl...
- ► 2015 (109)
- ► 2014 (69)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (99)
- ► 2011 (106)
- ► 2010 (131)
- Customize Genius Media Key
- Might and Magic IX
- Foundations of Programming by Karl Seguin
- Amazing Illusion, courtesy of TED.com
- Detecting DesignMode in XAML
- SQL Parameter Sniffing - query execution time vari...
- Dependency Properties in WPF
- How to make a StackPanel stretch vertically to fil...
- Infragistics XamComboEditor SelectedIndex -1 doesn...
- Low band version of the blog
- My Ajax Control Toolkit patches were applied today...
- Styling WPF Controls, the Windows themes
- WPF Development Tools
- TemplateBinding doesn't support Converters.
- ElementName versus RelativeSource FindAncestor
- Complicated bindings in WPF (Selectors and Convert...
- All resources are relative to the namespace in WPF...
- VS2008 WPF designer throws error Type reference ca...
- Problems with adding user controls to the Visual S...
- Working with WPF in Visual Studio 2008
- 10000 lawyers on the bottom of the sea
- XAML namespace with whitespace in it
- People should not use patterns!
- Entourage, a new series to watch
- Windows Presentation Foundation - Unleashed by Ada...
- Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
- How to localize a Visual Studio project
- Missing Business Inteligence Studio for SQL Server...
- Fluent interfaces
- ▼ June (29)
- ► 2008 (133)
- ► 2007 (236)
- ► 2006 (106)
Powered by Blogger.